Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Long time no post.

Ahh. Back from vacation, into my new work schedule, and getting ready to hit the Keys on Thursday. Let's hope the weather holds up.

My new vitamin/holistic treatments have been going awesome. In the first week I lost 6lbs by just changing my diet to a insulin resistant form, though I promptly gained the weight back in NYC (Hey, there was a Mr. Softee on every corner and Magnolia was a block from our hotel. What was a girl to do?). Joe and I started back at the gym this evening, not only did it feel great, but I had more than enough energy to get through 40 minutes on the elliptical! That might not seem like a feat to others, but to me, it's a hugeee step in the right direction.

Since I've started this blog, I've discovered something. There are a lot of women with Endo. More than I really probably ever imagined. I also noticed that they are all looking for someone to understand what they are going through. Far and few between are there people who truly get what Endometriosis is, and unless they are someone who suffers or personally know someone who suffers, they simply have no idea. We Endo girls are a tight-knit group, who in the face of so many things, conqur every day life with a smile and grace. When we find someone else who has this disease we run to them in a way that can only be described as hopeful and optimistic. We are thankful to find another person who "gets it."

So, to those women out there who "get it," this is for you. :D

P.s. 6 months after Joe proposed, I finally finally finally booked a photog for our E-Pics. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear the holistic treatments are going great. I know people try to understand/empathize with us, but really it's just so hard to explain to someone. For me, I can be fine for hours or even days, then out of the blue I roll over wrong while sleeping and can end up crying in pain. I had a diagnostic lap in 11/05. I'd sure like to know what has changed since inside. November of this year, I guess I'll know. Thank you for starting this blog, as you said we gravitate toward each other.

    ReplyDelete